About Finance Norway
Finance Norway was established January 1st 2010 by the Norwegian Savings Banks Association and the Norwegian Financial Services Association.
200 financial institutions
Finance Norway represents some 200 financial institutions operating in the Norwegian market. The institutions operate within different sectors of financial activity:
- savings banks
- commercial banks
- life insurance companies
- non-life insurance companies
- finance companies
- management companies for securities funds
- investment firms
- finance conglomerates
The organisation’s purpose is to strive for a strengthened Norwegian financial industry. The legal framework is getting ever more complex and comprehensive. Thus, specialist expertise is needed, as well as a solid professional environment within the trade associations. Finance Norway employs approximately 100 highly skilled persons.
Finance Norway’s objectives
- Equivalent and competitive regulatory conditions nationally and internationally. Fact-based, predictable and transparent regulatory processes with input from the industry.
- The Norwegian financial industry is important, responsible and skilled, and contributes to economic growth through efficient and reliable provision of key services.
- The Norwegian financial industry is the most efficient in Europe, with a ready supply of cutting-edge expertise and a good platform for research and development.